Thursday, April 30, 2015

Duncan Turns 30!

It's hard to believe, but I am now married to a thirty year old!  The scariest part about that fact is that I can feel my twenties slipping away all to quickly.  But then again, I'm a stay at home mom with three kids so I think I've pretty much lost my real twenties status already.  Annnnyway...



I had so much fun surprising Dunc for his birthday.  As I thought about what I should do to make his 30th memorable, the only thing that stuck was getting his family involved.  Duncan LOVES his family and because they all live out of town we don't get to get together very often.  I thought it would be so much fun to have his family come into town for a surprise birthday weekend, so I texted his parents and sister about it (the other two siblings were a little too far away in Georgia) and lucky for us, they were on board!  


Friday night when Duncan came home from work (an hour and half after I thought he would get home...) he walked in to a house full of family.  I love surprises and it was so fun to see his reaction!  We spent most of the weekend hanging out and having a good time and on Saturday we met up with my family at my parents' church for some carnival games.  We played speed, rhino rumpus, musical chairs, had 3 legged races, and finished the night off with some muddy buddies (Duncan's request) and brownies and ice cream.


The kids had a blast being with cousins and running around like wild men and I loved getting to celebrate Duncan.  It was so nice of his family to make the effort to be there.  We loved getting together with everybody to celebrate another decade down for the old man.

No comments: