Monday, November 16, 2009

Last Night

Last night I was woken up at an unholy hour. It was Duncan.

(Talking pretty loudly) "BABE! You have no idea!"
"I have no idea what?"
"You have no idea how big. . . mumble mumble"
"I have no idea what?"
He rolls over and faces the wall.
"Dunc, I have no idea how big what is?"
"My page!!"
"Your page?"
"Yeah, my page!"
"What page?"
"No, my web page!"
At this point I just started laughing out loud.
"Stop laughing! You just don't understand."
"I don't understand what? What are you talking about?"
"My web page!!"
"Ha ha ha babe what are you even saying?"
"Stop laughing! You don't get it! It's like if you have a table for five people you set it up different than if you have a table for ten people."
More laughing. "Go back to sleep babe."
"Stop laughing Liz! You're confusing me! You just don't get it."
"Okay, why don't you explain it to me?"
"It's like this blanket. A blanket can fit three people, typically two, so I control two people."

At this point I couldn't stop laughing and I think that finally snapped Dunc out of it. He really thought that he was right and I was just confused. We laughed for about ten minutes straight. I couldn't fall asleep for a half hour after that funny conversation, but it was worth it. Even if it did snap me out of a dream where my mom was giving me money to go get a haircut.

6 comments:

marshall and chelsea said...

That's hilarious! I've had many experiences like that with Marshall except he never wakes up or remembers them... haha but I laugh at him and tell him about it the next day. I need to start putting them on my blog so I don't forget them!

Shawn said...

I am soooooo happy you have a blog! And I'm so happy you are there to keep the Dunc in check. Greg used to sit up in bed in the middle of the night and slap his hands down on the bed and yell, "Stop stop stop stop stop"! (This happened more than once.) Talk about freaking out the wife! Turns out his dream was of being on the tractor when the brakes went out.

Tyler and Jenica said...

Yoo hoo!!! I found your blog and I'm adding it my list! :)

annie said...

me too me too!

ps. i'm a cousin, don't believe we've been properly introduced. maybe someday when we're not on opposite coasts we can fix that. in the meantime...congrats to the new burper!

abbyjane said...

i really never met ANYONE that has had those crazy night time conversations! i never knew dunc did this! it really is the best.

Jamie said...

I can't believe I missed this post. HILARIOUS! I talk in my sleep sometimes too. But I think I usually wake up faster than that. Good memory to write down the whole conversation!