Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Little Elf

Yesterday we had an appointment to meet with a plastic surgeon about Mya's lip. She didn't think it sounded very exciting and decided she would rather hang out in Mama's bed all day.

Can you find the baby?
There she is!

After discussing surgery the doctor mentioned that Mya looked elfish to him. I mentioned that he looked oompa-loompa-ish to me (not really, but I probably should have). Needless to say it was mutually agreed upon through the awkward silence that Mya will be taking her lip elsewhere to be operated upon. Guess we should have listened to the babe and hung out in bed yesterday.

7 comments:

Nicea said...

I just wish you'd said the oompa-loompa thing. What the heck!!!

Karissa said...

That doesn't seem like a very nice professional thing to say... I really wish you would've said the oompa-loompa thing. That would've been awesome

Jamie said...

Maybe by elf he meant Zooey Deschanel from the movie ELF with Will Ferrell. And that is a HUGE compliment because she's hot. But Mya's hotter. She's so cute and tiny on your bed!!!!!!!! Love those pictures!

annie said...

or maybe he's a big lord of the rings fan and was referring to liv tyler, also hot. but still. one should never call someone else's child anything other than cute, adorable, pretty, handsome, sweet, precious. etc etc etc. i once told someone (aunt teresa) that her baby (katelyn) looked like a troll doll. in my defense, i was like 12 and i thought troll dolls were super cute, so i thought it was a compliment. aunt teresa didn't. and katelyn probably wouldn't either. and to add insult to injury, i just realized i have no idea how to spell katelyn's name.

Jana Brookes said...

Pretty sure he should have his eyes checked! She's so sweet and cute! I love the tiny baby in the bed pics. We have a few pictures like that. Hope you can find a dr you like! I think you should check into Dr. Mark Sloan (Grey's Anatomy)! ;)

Shawn said...

I am still laughing about the oompa-loompa-ish thing and I agree that it would have been so funny for you to say it. But alas, you took the high road and I am proud of you. I should probably try that high road thing.

Elfish? Are you kidding me? Apparently he doesn't know that's my granddaughter he's talkin' about. What's his phone number?

Jamie said...

Better yet, what's his email? Let's put his face into one of those Elf Yourself e-cards and see how he likes it. Ha ha!!!