Sunday, June 5, 2011

Our Month of Fun is Over

We have been living the greatest little life for the past six weeks.  Dunc graduated the end of April and hasn't worked at all since then.  But tomorrow is the dreaded first day of work.  At least for me.  I think he's a little excited about starting his new job, but I'm sure he's going to miss me loads and loads.  He might miss Mya just a little bit too.  I have been so spoiled by having someone to run all the errands with me, take care of Mya when I want to read my book, stay up late to watch movies with me, and someone to sleep in with me in the mornings.  It has been wonderful!  But I guess all good things must come to and end.  I wish we could have Dunc around all the time, but I guess somebody has to pay the bills around here and it sure isn't going to be me.  :)   He is going to be a great tax accountant!

During our month of fun we went to Georgia to visit Tanner and Autumn and check out their cute new house!  We convinced Greg and Shawn to meet us there and loved getting back to "our" Southern roots.  While we were there we went to Tybee Beach, walked through Savannah, enjoyed some yummy barbeque, visited the Mennonites (similar to the Amish), stopped by Juliet for some fried green tomatoes (where the film of the same name was filmed), and even ate some fried oreos.  Thanks for being such gracious hosts T & A!

Tanner taking Mya for a ride on the lawn mower.

Mya LOVED Grandma Shawn at dinner that night.  She would giggle every time Grandma looked at her.

Picking strawberries at the Mennonite farm.

Tanner a little worse for wear after letting Mya ride on his shoulders.

Mya HATED the ocean.   She started screaming her head off as soon as her toe touched the water.  Hopefully that will change when she gets older!


Other things we've been up to this month were getting together with friends, hiking, and Mya learning how to say "mama", wave, and drink out of a sippee cup.

Mya and Bridger playing together.

We're so happy to finally have nice weather for hiking!

She's been capable of using a sippee cup for a while, but isn't too keen on water.  As soon as we gave her some milk in that thing she went to town with holding her own cup.

She finally decided to make noises other than screeches!

Waving to mama.

Wish we could live like this forever.  We have had a blast!

6 comments:

Shawn said...

Oh I miss that little thing. Thanks for posting videos so I can watch them over and over and over. I'm sorry to inform you though that I'm pretty sure Mya is saying gamma, not mama. Hang in there. It'll come.

Happy first day of work to Duncan! I'll be thinking of y'all.

melba said...

A great blog today. You are an awesome family that has been building happy memories.

Love ya!

Nicea said...

Glad you posted all of this! I love the picture of Mya and Bridger. She has great posture. Already!!!

Jamie said...

Fun post. This makes me really miss you though. And jealous you went to Georgia! I'm glad you had fun with Dunc's time off... I'm a little spoiled and get Kevin for three days off every weekend, so I know how great it is! Love you guys. Mya is hecka cute as usual :)

Ashley said...

Liz, this is adorable :) Mya is so cute, I can't get over the video of her saying mama, how fun for you! We're coming over the 4th of July and must get together with you guys

Hurricane Hansens said...

Looks like loads of fun!
I think the worlds cutest swimsuit award goes to YOU!