Well we did it! We survived Lake Powell. Bringing a baby definitely made this trip different from all previous Lake Powell trips, but I'm so glad I decided to go. Although I felt like I was working my hiney off trying to keep Mya happy (changing from swim diaper, to regular diaper, to swim diaper, to regular diaper, sunscreen, putting her to sleep, feeding her, sunscreen, putting on a swimsuit, sunscreen, changing another diaper, sunscreen, I think you get the picture), I had so much fun hanging out and couldn't have asked for better company. Here is a picture overload of our trip (all courtesy of my sister Sarah,since I didn't take a single picture the whole time we were there):
Before you get too bored I'll show you this awesome hike we went on. There is a place in the channel where the canyon wall is separating, forming a tiny slot canyon (pictured above). You swim to the start, climb up the rocks, walk through the canyon, enjoy the amazing views, and then pray for your life as you try to find a way down. It was so much fun but so scary!
Beginning the "hike".
The start of the slot canyon.
Climbing down.
This was right before the point where I started praying for my life. You have to wedge yourself in between the two rock walls and then slowly lower yourself down. It was crazy! Even though I was terrified, I can't wait to do this again next time. Now onto the rest of the trip. . .
Todd and Allison were nice enough to let Mya and I ride with them. I was so glad they decided to come!
Playing games on the houseboat.
My little sister struggles with some of the basics in life. This is the second trip she has had a run in with the ceiling fan.
The gorgeous canyon we stayed in.
My cousin Matt is a stud.
Since Dunc couldn't make it this year, everybody watched out for Mya and me. I have the best family!
Princess Mya. She seriously LOVED that tube.
I can't even begin to say how awesome these girls are.
Nakey baby. Just letting her dry out a bit. :)
Love these girls!
Yes, we shared our campsite with a beaver. So gross looking in real life. In other critter news, I caught a fish while we were there! It was a very proud moment.
Can't wait til the Holmes fam move back to Utah full time! Two years is way too long.
Right at home in Lake Powell.
We can't wait for next year!

1 comment:
Looks like you had a great time!!
Post a Comment