Weight: 19.2 pounds (20th percentile) - She was in the 5th at her last appointment. Looks like she's finally starting to catch up!
Height: 30 inches (80th percentile)
Head: 18 inches (55th percentile)
In the last couple of weeks she has started to talk like crazy! On her birthday she could pretty much only say ball and car but now she is mimicking everything we say.
Some of her favorite words and phrases are:
Did it! (dih ih)
Uh oh
Some! (dum!)
That (dat)
Down
Hi
What's that? (huh dah)
What is that? (huh eee dah)
Drop it (doh ih)
Got it (guh ih)
Monkey noises (oo oo oo)
Sheep noises (ba ba ba ba ba)
Thank you (ahnk ooo)
It's so fun having her talking more, but unfortunately she almost talks in a very high pitched squealing voice which is not exactly music to the ears. Here's a clip for you:
And no, I don't usually reward her squealing and tantrums with cookies, but she was being so good yesterday and wouldn't squeal at all so I sort of lured her into it with the cookie. I know, I'm an awesome mom.
Anyway, the squealing has been a little hard to deal with but I'm trying to keep my sanity and have patience and I think we're making a little progress. I was asking my mom the other day why she thinks Mya talks like that (I mean, it's not like we squeal at her!) and my mom says, "Because she's your daughter. You screamed like that until you were 3." Greeaaaat.
Here's another little video of some of Mya's latest tricks. She makes us laugh all the time.
I'm loving everything she is learning at this age. She is so fun to be around and we love having her in our family! I seriously feel so lucky everyday that I get to stay home and play with this girl.

2 comments:
She is so cute! I love this stage! They are just like little sponges, absorbing everything and taking in all we have to teach them. Good luck with screaming and squealing. That's all I hear all day long, everyday, with three girls! LOL! Still love them though!
She is such a cutie! :)
Post a Comment