Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Life with Mya

Mya is so busy these days that it's a chore just keeping up with her.  She is getting taller all the time and finds something new to get into everyday.  Her two favorites lately have been the garbage can and the dishwasher.  I probably shouldn't be admitting this, but last week I found her munching on a quesadilla that she had pulled out of the garbage can from a few hours earlier.  Not my greatest mothering moment there.  I used to be able to keep her out of the dishwasher by closing it tightly (so you have to squeeze the handle to open it) but thanks to a little lesson from her Dad she's got that down pat and now I can't put anything sharp in the dishwasher until right before I turn it on.

The majority of the time she is so happy and independent.  I think she could play by herself for hours if I would let her.

But sometimes she decides she wants a little help with something and she let's out a loud scream to let me know.

And if I don't help her with whatever she needs, things quickly escalate to a full blown tantrum.

But once we've got that under control she's right back to her sweet self.

And her "get out of my way" attitude.

With the occasional pause to smile for the camera.

She's such a sweet little girl and loves to give kisses all the time.  Sometimes I'll be feeding her lunch or reading her a story and she'll just lean over and give me a smooch.  Those are definitely some of my favorite mothering moments.

I am blown away all the time by how much she is learning and growing.  Although she can be a handful at times, I love the days like today when I get to stay home and just hang out with her.  It's nice to be able to slow down for a bit and capture a few hours with her before she gets any older.  I miss my little baby sometimes, but I wouldn't trade this age for anything.

3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Umm that last picture looks just like little Liz not kidding! Totally know who this child's mother is!

Gina said...

She is absolutely adorable! I love how you do her hair. I'll do Heidi's but it's out in a matter of minutes. Which is unfortunate because she has quite the unsightly mullet right now...anyways, I wish Mya and Heidi could play right now!

Jamie said...

Wow, she is changing! I miss that cute little bug.