Sunday, July 14, 2013

Independence Day Fun

We had such a fun Independence Day this year!  It is one of my favorite holidays and I love celebrating the red, white, and blue!

We started the day off with a good old fashioned outdoor pancake breakfast at my parents house.  My mom makes a mean breakfast and we couldn't have asked for better company!  All my Bailey cousins were in town with their kids for a family reunion, so we got to hang out with them as well as all of the Holmes fam, some of the Martineaus, Nana, G&G Barfuss, plus a bunch of my parents neighbors.  We're hoping the breakfast becomes an annual tradition!

After unsuccessfully convincing my husband to join me for a parade, Mya and I tagged along with some of the Baileys and Martineaus to hit up the Kaysville parade.  It was hotter than you know what, but I can't turn down the excitement of a parade!  Mya wasn't sold on the whole thing, but she loved the candy.  I wish I had a picture of her face after she grabbed her first piece of candy.  She snatched that candy off the ground and turned to me with the proudest, biggest smile I have ever seen.  It was so awesome!

That night we got together with a bunch of neighbors for a BBQ and a huge slip 'n' slide.  We have some great neighbors and are so lucky to live where we do!  When it was time to go, we went to get Mya and found her doing flips on the bar like this.  Apparently she just grabbed on and started doing it!  That girl has got skills!


Mya and I ended the night watching fireworks across the valley from my parents deck while Dunc played basketball with my brothers and a friend.  It was definitely a day full of partying and I'm already looking forward to next year!

No comments: