Monday, July 15, 2013

July 11th - Six months!

Owen is six months old!

This handsome guy celebrated his first half-birthday last week!  I love, love, love this age.  Owen is still unbelievably happy and easy going.  He is so happy almost all the time and is always full of smiles (except when I try to take his monthly picture).

He loves, loves, loves solid food and will regularly pound 2 packs of baby food in addition to a large bowl of oatmeal or rice cereal.  I had to start making some homemade baby food to keep this guy from breaking the grocery budget.

I took him in for a weight check a few days before he turned 6 months.  All the eating seems to be helping because he weighed in at 13 pounds 4 ounces.  That may not sound like much, but when you consider that he weighed 11 pounds 10 ounces just a month before that, it sounds like a TON!  The doctor told me that although he's just in the first percentile, they are very happy with his current weight gain.  Yeah Owen!

Some of his more recent tricks have been learning how to roll from back to front (he still only rolls one direction though), sitting up, and babbling like crazy.  He's uttered a few mamama and dadada's but it's mostly babababa.  He's also started to develop a little squeal/scream like his older sister, and has continued to make grunting noises like crazy.

I know I've said this before, but we are so lucky to have this baby in our family.  He is so pleasant and loving.  He hates to be alone and especially loves to be with Mya.  Some of our favorite moments as parents these days are riding in the car with our two cuties.  Mya will talk to and laugh at Owen and he will start giggling right back.  It is so awesome!  He is starting to pick up on the fake laugh thing which is pretty hilarious also.

I just love this baby O and feel so so blessed to have his sweet spirit in our home.  He makes me so happy every day and is seriously a joy to be around.  And of course, it almost goes without saying that he is the most handsome baby I've ever seen before, so don't even try to tell me otherwise.  :)  We sure love our little Owen!

No comments: