Sunday, March 8, 2015

January 2015

I've been thinking a little bit about this blog lately and what I really want it to be.  I love using it as a place where I can keep all of our family pictures together and organized, but I also want it to be I place where I can come to look back on and remember this time in our lives - not just the activities, but the feelings and the emotions.  I haven't been very good at keeping this blog up to date, but my goal is to stay more caught up this year.  I feel like when I am caught up and writing about only a few events at a time, I can share more of my thoughts and more details about our lives.  

Life is going by so quickly these days!  Most of the time I don't want to blink because I'm afraid I'll miss out on these sweet little kids of mine.  I know it won't be long before they are grown up and I won't be surrounded by all the giggles and pretending and snuggling and playing.  I just love being a mom, and I'm sure it never gets old, but I want to be able to look back at this blog and remember our lives as they are right now.  So here's to more blogging in 2015!

Owen turned two!  He has been really into pointing out all the planes and jets in the sky, so I thought the Hill Air Force Base Museum might be fun  for him.  

For some reason, I thought we would be able to actually go in, on, or through some of the planes, but I was wrong.  We got to look at the exteriors of quite a few and the kids had fun coloring and watching the movies, but I think Mya had a bit more fun than Owen.

It might have been just a little bit over his head still.  In spite of that, he had a good time running around between the planes and jumping on the metal stage.  My favorite take away from our little outing was him saying, "I want be a pywit (pilot) when I go (grow) up."  It is pretty dang cute.


The next day (on his actual birthday) we invited family over to celebrate and have cake and ice cream with us.  I think Owen might feel a little left out when Mya plays dress-up with all of her princess costumes, so I made him this little super hero cape for his birthday.  I loved watching him run around yelling "Super Owen!"  The cape hasn't gotten a ton of use since then, but it was totally worth it just for that night.

Aren't they cute?  I love that they are such good friends!

Mack and his smoulder.

New duplos for Owen.

Learning to blow out his candles!  This was another highlight for me from Owen's birthday.

January was also a big month for Mya's photography/videography skills.  First selfie with Mack.

Documenting her sleeping brother.

Attempted selfie with Owen.


And my personal favorite, the movie director.

Not only did Owen turn 2 in January but he also graduated from the world of diapers!!  We are all pretty happy about that!  He did great with his potty training.  We struggled a bit with getting him comfortable going #2 on the potty, but once we figured out that he just needed us to leave and close the door while he took care of business, life was good again.  Potty training is really not fun at all, but it has been so nice having only one child in diapers again!

We had a fun visit at Nana's house in January where she spoiled my kids like crazy.  She is the cutest grandma and great grandma!  We walked in her door and saw a balloon set out for each of my kids and all of the toys laid out in front of the TV for the kids to play with.  They had a blast playing with the toys, making cookies, and eating lunch at Nana's house.  We sure love this lady!

I started another quilt!  I think that makes at least three that are currently in progress right now...

Most of the rest of these pictures are from our everyday life.  Just hanging out and having a good time.  Aren't those hands behind the head just the cutest?

Not to mention the cheeks on this baby!  So kissable!

The kids hanging out while I work on a sewing project.  The older two LOVE to be close to Mack almost any time I put him down on the floor.  And it's almost a given that there will be at least one doll or toy squeezed in with them.

Cheezer!

I can't get enough of this baby!!

Still trying to figure out how to handle all of his hair.  Don't you love this subtle little smile?

Owen and his Jack.  I wonder if the day will come that I regret letting him get so attached to that giraffe?  For now, I love how much he loves his Jack.

Brothers!  I think they love each other.

This might be the only picture we have so far where they both appear to be having a good time together.

Mya has found of new hobby of using hair elastics to make any size clothes fit any size person, doll or toy.  Those little elastics just might be the best "toy" I've ever bought her.  She will spend hours at a time putting her clothes on her dolls, my clothes on herself, or Owen's clothes on her stuffed animals.  It's pretty cute to see them all dressed up and I love that she came up with the idea of using the elastics all by herself.  She's actually pretty good with those things and can even put her own hair in a ponytail!

Mack started smiling more!

He was so cute and happy the night I took these pictures.

And I love them all!

So please forgive me for not narrowing them down at all.

He is just the cutest

and I couldn't leave any of them out.

Can you blame me???

Plus that hair is just awesome!  Mya calls it "Dandelion hair" and I think that's a pretty perfect description.

Duncan put this outfit on one day after work and I couldn't stop laughing.  I bet you would never guess that he is a (near) 30 year old dad.

Then again, I really shouldn't mock him as I'm very obviously a stay at home mom.

Owen feeding his baby.

Mack's first ponytail!

Straight thuggin.

Duncan was not pleased with me for giving our baby boy a ponytail but with hair like that I had to try it at least once!

This is one of my favorite pictures from January.  That's all three kids laying on or in my legs.  Being a mama is the best!  (Sidenote: we finally replaced the pink play mat with something a bit more boy friendly!)

Friday night muddy buddies!  You know it's going to be a good weekend when things are looking like this.

The last big news of January - Mack turned 2 months old!

(I told you that other picture of them both being happy was a rarity.)

(Oh wait, maybe we have two good ones of them!)

Mya never misses an opportunity to crash her brother's monthly photos!

At his two month check up Mack was 9 lbs 13 oz (3rd percentile) and 22 1/2 inches long (25th percentile).  He has been my hardest baby thus far.  He doesn't like to sleep during the day (although that is starting to get better) and is always super stiff!  He does not like to bend at the hips and seems to constantly be arching his back.  Let's just say cuddling is not his thing at all.  He also has his deviated septum and is on oxygen when he sleeps.  In spite of all those things though, he is a pretty easy going baby.  He doesn't cry much unless he's tired (but has quite the yell when he does cry!), and loves to coo and squeal and talk to anyone who will give him attention.  It's crazy how much I love this little guy already - he is a great addition to our family!