Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fourth of July

Independence Day has always been one of my favorite holidays and this year was no let down!  I love the fireworks, the parades, the candy, the music.  It is all so much fun!  I loved that we got to celebrate for a whole weekend this year.  Wish that happened every year!

We started the weekend off by going to Stadium of Fire with my family.  David Archuletta has such a good voice, Brad Paisley was a blast, and the fireworks were amazing.  The little one slept through about half of the concert and woke up in time to watch the fireworks.  I was worried she would get scared and be one of the screaming babies I've seen in years past, but she did so great!  She loved the fireworks and was squealing and cheering right along with everybody.

On Monday we got a late start, but made it to the Kaysville parade just in time. (Sorry Shanna, we were probably one of the people in front of you!)  I know, we're pretty rude for not going early to get seats, but as we were walking toward the front of the parade route, everybody stood up and went to the road anyway, so we just joined in the fun.  I loved having a baby as an excuse to try and get some candy.  :) 

After the parade we went down to Orem to BBQ and party with Dunc's mom and his cousins, but unfortunately I didn't take any pictures!    Duncan's mom is staying in Utah for a few weeks before she meets up with her hubby in Brazil for a year.  It has been fun to be able to do stuff with her more often.  Now, we just need to get them to move closer when they come back.  :)  As we were driving home from Orem we got to see fireworks all the way across the valley.  It was an amazing sight.  I love living in this country and am so grateful for the freedoms we have here!  Overall it was a great fourth of July, and I already can't wait for next year's celebration.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

I guess I should post some 4th pics, shouldn't I? Thanks for all this cuteness and the videos. That's a great shot of you wakeboarding too. Very impressive.

Karissa said...

Looks like fun! You look so great and Mya is such a cutie pie!!