Saturday, July 9, 2011

Summer Fun!

Apparently we've been having too much fun this summer to make any time for blogging!  We've been spending time with friends and family and going swimming and boating as often as possible.  Here is our summer so far in pictures (and a few videos).

We've been swimming about twice a week this summer!  I almost feel like I'm in high school again.  It is awesome!  This is Mya with her friend Bridger.  She seriously loves kids and babies and gets so excited when they are around.

Here's a visual example for you:
Zach is the fastest little crawler I've ever seen!   He was chasing Mya all around the apartment that night, while Mya would "run away" squealing.  It was hilarious.  I wish we lived closer to the Hazens so we could play with them more often!

Believe it or not, we've only been boating once this summer.  So sad, I know.  Hopefully that will change for the last half of the summer.

Isn't she a little boating beauty?  Ha ha.  Poor thing.  I hate that she has to wear that huge life jacket!

This lasted all of twenty minutes that day, which made me really nervous about taking her to Lake Powell for a week.  Have any of you moms taken a baby to Lake Powell??  Do you think I should take Mya??  I want to go so bad but I'm worried about taking her with me!

And yes, I did manage to get some air even though it has been two years since I was on a wakeboard.

Life is good and I am so glad summer is here!

Oh and I can't forget, Mya is a pro at feeding herself now!  I took this video a few weeks ago, but since then she has gotten really good at using her fingers and can even feed herself cereal and other small foods.  It's so fun to watch her becoming more independent.  I can't believe she'll be nine months in less than a week!


1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hecka freakin' cuteness!!!!

One thing you guys have missing from your summer is playing with us in Colorado. We've missed you. Looks like you're staying busy though! Love you guys :)