Life with Mya has been both a huge challenge and such a blast lately. She drives me up the wall one second and then has me wanting to love on her like crazy the next. Before I forget all about this phase, I want to write down some conversations that show what life is like in her mind right now.
In the car on our way to Costco:
Mya: Where we goin?
Me: Costco
Mya: We're going to Costco? Are Spencer & Sydney gonna be der?
Me: No, Spencer and Sydney live in Chicago. Not at Costco.
Mya: Oh. We're going to Chicago?
Me: I wish! But we're going to Costco. Spencer at Sydney live in Chicago, but we're going to Costco.
Mya: Spencer and Sydney live in Costco?
And the conversation continues. We have some sort of variation on this same conversation every time we go to Costco. I love it! She definitely hasn't forgotten you S&S!
Yesterday we went to the Treehouse Museum with my nana and Mya kept calling it the mu-ee-zum. After trying to get her to say mu-zee-um a few times, she told me how it was going to be: "No, I don't want to say mu-ee-zum. I want to say mu-ee-zum!" Well alright then.
Then today while we were sitting in the car:
Mya: Can we practice getting baptized?
Me: Sure! Do you remember what you do when you get baptized?
Mya: I get married.
Me: Oh really? And then what happens after you get married?
Mya: I have baby Jesus.
Ha ha ha. Glad to know that while the comprehension might low, she's at least retaining some of what we're trying to teach her.
And lastly, one of my favorite things she does is mix-up song lyrics. Up until a few weeks ago the ABC's included "l,m,n,o, poo", and now the second verse of "I love to see the temple" includes "i'll prepare myself while I am yum, yum, yum."
Mya is such a smarty pants and so full of life. She is definitely stretching me as a parent, but I feel so so lucky everyday to be her mom and wouldn't want her to be any different! (Except maybe going back to the good sleeper that she used to be, but that's another story for another day.)

No comments:
Post a Comment