Sunday, September 8, 2013

August Update

August was a month full of fun, but the picture slacking continued so I don't have a lot to show for it.

 We started the month out with a trip up to Logan for Duncan's family reunion (His Grandpa Glenn and descendents).  We had a blast hanging out with his family and I loved getting to know some of the relatives that I haven't had a chance to spend time with before.

We were supposed to go to Lake Powell toward the end of the month, but my poor mom got a blood clot and was confined to an area that was more civilized/closer to medical help.  I can't even begin to say how sad I am that we didn't go to Powell (Hello, it's the best place on earth) but my parents managed to pull together a pretty awesome vacation at the last minute.

We stayed an awesome cabin in Heber and spent our time canoeing, boating at Jordanelle and Deer Creek, shooting pellet and BB guns, watching movies, playing games, and reading.  Even though it doesn't compare with Powell (nothing does, in my opinion), we loved hanging with family and friends!

 
Duncan's mom had been hanging around Utah since the family reunion to take care of Mya while we were in Powell, so when that fell through we convinced her to come up to Heber with us.  Dunc and I felt so spoiled having her help us with our kids during our little vacation and we loved being able to hang out with her too!


In other news, Owen has been sleeping in the funniest position lately.  I'm not sure how the half arch/neck completely bent backwards can be comfortable, but apparently it works for this kid.

Our friends had their baby, Mitchell, a couple weeks ago.  He is such a sweet baby and couldn't have been born into a greater family.  We love these guys!

 And we can't forget Mya's regular cowboy routine at Mimi's house.  Giddyin' on cowboy, giddyin' on.  :)

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Boy did I get behind on blog posts. I love this video of Mya--she is the most adorable thing! Oh my goodness!