Friday, November 7, 2014

Mya's Birthday - The Party

For "keeping things simple" we had quite the ongoing celebration for Mya's birthday.  We invited my parents and family over on Monday night for cake and ice cream to finish out all the fun.  Warning:  my camera totally backfired on me this day so you get a mix of cell phone pictures and pictures from Shawn's camera.  I'm sure you'll be able to tell which are which.

The cake.  Mya requested "chocolate with chocolate chips" and then didn't take a bite of it.  All she wanted when it came down to it was plain vanilla ice cream.

She got to open one present that morning - a new outfit to wear for the day.


Driving the jeep while waiting for the party to start.  Apparently they decided to switch hats/helmets.

Owen loving on baby Gwen.  We were so lucky to have Sydney and Gwen in town!

New dress from Todd, Allison, and Lyla.  New hat from Mimi and Papa.




This random gift was a hit!  My mom was throwing the photo album away and asked if I wanted it.  I decided to get a few pictures printed and give it to Mya for her birthday.  Her and Owen love going through and looking at all the pictures of their cousins, grandparents, family, etc.  Mya even shows it off to her friends when they come over.  It is pretty cute.

New dress MADE by Grandma Shawn.  She is one talented seamstress!  Mya and I love it!

Nerf gun from Spencer and Sydney.  Totally awesome.  I love the faces she makes when she shoots it (see below).






Chutes and Ladders from Mimi and Papa.  (Side note - isn't my Nana cute?  We are lucky to get her for fun family stuff like this!)

Hello Kitty coloring book from Spencer & Syd.

New doll from Mommy and Daddy.

My mom is very concerned about Owen being surrounded by girl stuff all the time so she brought a gift for him too.

He loves his new tractor!


But apparently it wasn't enough to keep him away from all of Mya's new girly things.


Attempting to blow out the candles.  Maybe she'll get them next year?



Oh this little dude.

The celebrations continued to Tuesday where Mya got to celebrate her birthday at preschool.  She got to choose from a treasure chest of toys and somehow ended up with these glasses.  I am so proud.

This little lady is the best!  It was so fun to celebrate her and remember what a gift she is.  I just love her sweet and spunky personality.  Happy 4th birthday Mya!

No comments: