Thursday, November 13, 2014

Other October Happenings

Man, that Halloween post almost took it out of me, but I'm going to push through with one last post to get all caught up!  Here is the rest of what we were up to in October:

The threesome hanging out at Mimi's house.

Dunc has been playing on a rec league team with my brothers and some random friends, coworkers, extended family, etc.  They have played off and on for quite a few seasons and this time they made it to the championship game!!  They played great, but ended up taking 2nd overall.  Considering the fact that they didn't even make the playoffs when they first started, we were all pretty excited about it!

I got to babysit Gwen for a few hours while Sydney was working one day.  It was so fun to get a little practice in before I have three kids of my own.  And how sweet is Owen??  I love him on his tip toes giving her her binky.

Terrible picture here, but this was the first time we had a full minivan - thanks to babysitting Gwen and preschool carpool.  At least you get to see a couple of Mya's cute friends.

Did I mention that my kids LOVE baby Gwen?

They had so much fun babysitting and doted on her the whole time.

Speaking of doting, I thought this moment was so cute.  We got together for a girls day with the Holmes girls and their cute kids while Ashley was in town.  There were three sweet little babies there and they definitely got their fair share of love from all the grandmas, moms, and aunts.  I loved all the attention they were getting in this picture.

Sibling love in the new baby's car seat.

New bunk beds in Mya's room!

Owen slept in there for a couple weeks before we gave up and moved him back to the crib.  Mya has had a hard time staying in her bed all night ever since I went to girls camp in July.  Unfortunately, with Owen in her room, he started to pick up her bad habits and wander into my room in the middle of the night.  I wasn't exactly ready for that with two kids, so he's back in the crib now.  Maybe when Mya hits three days in a row without getting out of bed we'll think about moving him back...

These next few pictures are from Duncan's mom when she was here visiting.  I love the way she documented the simple things.












This was after I was on the phone for twenty minutes working on stuff for girls camp.  Yes that's a diaper, and that is also Owen's rash guard.  She is so funny.

Lunch with Sydney before her and Gwen went back to Chicago.  Her and Mya were twinners!


Since we moved Owen back the crib she hasn't been napping in my bad much anymore.  I sure miss her sweet little face napping next to me.

I bought this hat for Owen's Halloween costume and he insisted on wearing it for the rest of the week.  Makes a pretty good little hipster if you ask me.


This picture shows our level of excitement over BYU football this year.  So depressing!  Jason came over to watch the game and after I fell asleep during the 4th quarter this is what I woke up to.  It must have been really bad to have put both of these guys to sleep too.



Walked in on this one morning.  Yes, that's Owen "giving Mya a blessing".  I wasn't really sure how to react, so I just smiled and took a picture.  They are cute and funny kids.

Did I mention that my mom got a long arm machine?  My sister in law Jamie sent me a quilt she made for Dunc's mom and asked me to machine quilt it.  It has been intimidating to the say the least but fun to get started long arm quilting my first quilt!  I just finished it up today, so more pictures will be coming later.

No comments: