Thursday, March 3, 2011

One Week Post Op

We're one week past Mya's surgery and she is doing SO WELL.  I can't even tell you how amazed we have been by her recovery.  Her lip already looks amazing and she is back to her old self.  It took a few days for her to stop sleeping all the time, and then we had a little scare with a fever and a swollen soft spot, but she is one happy camper now and we love it.  Thanks again for all of you who prayed for her, we know she has been watched out for!

For the first few days she was pretty much like this:
 (Yes, I ask myself everyday why I decided to cut her hair and make her look like a cancer patient.  So sad.)

Then she started to do this:

And finally did this:

And here is where we're at today:
(She's in this phase where she'll be smiling away and as soon as I pull out the camera she's all business.)


You can see in that middle picture that she doesn't have her Logan's bow on (that little metal bar).  After the surgery the doctors said we probably wouldn't need to change the bow at all because they put special glue on that would make the tape stay on.  The first night in the hospital she ripped it off (twice), and has repeated that trick many times.  A few days ago I found her like this after her nap
and then it came off again today after her bath.  That girl is a smarty pants to get it off so easily all the time!

7 comments:

Jana Brookes said...

Glad to see she is doing so well! Love how she is sucking on her finger in the last picture!

Nicea said...

It's amazing how fast babies recover from surgeries. She's looking sooo adorable, too, and I think it's hilarious how she gets serious for the camera. She probably sees it cover up your face when you look into the lense and wonders where you've gone! :)

Grandma Sally said...

We're happy to see that she is recovering so well. What a miracle!

Jamie said...

Yay! I'm so happy she's doing so well! You're right, her scars have been healing so fast! Incredible. I love that girl. Thanks for the pics and video.

Shawn said...

Ditto. Thank you, thank you and thank you again. She looks great and I can't wait to see her in PERSON!

katie thompson said...

good news!
that blanket she is in on the top picture of her sleeping is so cute, mostly because she is in it. i cant believe how long she is. you are going to be outgrown by all of your children. that is awesome.

Ashley said...

She looks so GREAT! Absolutely adorable photos.