Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Husby!

This handsome man had his 26th birthday this week.  He's hit the bump where he is now closer to 30 than 20.  That's a little bit scary.  But really, 30 doesn't seem the old anymore.  I guess that's a little bit scary in itself. 

Anyway. . .  We had a blast celebrating!  Dunc claims he doesn't like big birthdays, so we had planned to just go to the MWC Tournament for his birthday.  Then I got to thinking about how lame that is for a birthday because it's not really special for you at all when everybody else gets to do it too. . .  (Can you tell I like to be spoiled on my birthday?)   I decided to splurge and got him a wii (which we may or may not be taking back and/or trading for a Kinect). 

The best part of the day was the surprise we had for Dunc when he came home from work.  A bunch of our friends came over to celebrate with us!  When he came home he was just chatting away to his Dad on the phone and everybody was hiding in our apartment.  It was probably a good five minutes before he heard people whispering and realized what was going on.  Thanks to everybody that came!  I wish I would have taken pictures but I completely forgot.  Oh well.  Maybe next year!  Happy Birthday to my amazing husband!

2 comments:

Sherrie Martineau said...

Happy Birthday Dunc!
It sounds like you have been completely spoiled-- which is perfect1

Jamie said...

You know you've hit the big time when you own a Wii! Happy birthday, Honk!