Friday, February 25, 2011

Home Again, Home Again

After a lot of cuddling, a little bit of crying, and a long night in the hospital we are home again.  Mya is doing so well!  She really hasn't cried much and has been sleeping pretty constantly since the surgery.  I did get a few laughs out of her last night which was wonderful.  Her lip is already starting to look a lot better - it's amazing the difference a few hours can make.

Just a few thoughts on the hospital:  1) Whoever thought it would be a good idea to make two sick babies share one hospital room divided by a very thin curtain deserves whatever they've got coming to them from every mom who has had a sick baby stay in one of those rooms.   2) It's amazing how much you can pay to have someone tape some wires to you, come in every three hours and say, "She's doing great!  Anything I can do for you?  No?  Okay, see you in a few hours."  They really should have let us go home yesterday.  3) Props to all those moms who have had sick babies in the hospital!  The nurses told us most babies in the unit we were in are there for 10 days or longer.  Some have been there for months waiting for transplants.  One night was plenty for me to gain a new respect for anyone that has spent extended time there.

Overall we are doing well and glad to be back in our home environment.  Thanks for following along!

11 comments:

whitney mellor said...

I'm so happy the surgery went well! She is one gorgeous little angel. The recovery sounds so painful for such a small little one, I'm happy to hear it's going well.

Anonymous said...

that last picture is precious!

Hurricane Hansens said...

Such great news!
Always nice to be home.
I'll add to your hospital requests- anyone who has given birth in the past month shouldn't have to sleep on a pull out chair.

katie thompson said...

good news!!

KateHazen said...

Wow! So glad you're home. Let us know if we can do anything for you! You're wonderful!

Shawn said...

Hospitals are definitely not for resting much are they? Her eyes in that first picture show that she has been through it and she's probably wondering what "it" is, but she looks like she is recovering nicely and will be as good as new in no time. Sure wish I could hold her right this second! Where can I get me some of those arm restraints? Maybe they would help me lose a little weight.

Jamie said...

Glad to hear you all made it home safe and sound. Home is the best place to get well. Love you guys!

Kevin said...

Liz I am so glad to hear your little girl is doing well after the surgery!! I had no idea but she was getting this unitl I happened to look find your blog. Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your little girl!! I hope all continue to go well, she is precious!!! Luv ya

Love Casey Lythgoe

April said...

Liz,
You have one cute little munchkin! I love seeing pictures and videos of her. I am so glad to hear that all went well. Thanks for keeping the blog up to date even during this hectic time. Mya is sure lucky to have you and Duncan for parents. Actually I'd say the luck (blessing) goes both ways!

Love you guys!
April

PS: your hair looks amazing in the picture of you with Mya post surgery.

Nicea said...

I'm so glad everything went well and that you're back home. Mya's eyes say a lot about what she's just been through. Glad she's okay. And you, too! :)

Jana Brookes said...

She sounds like she is doing wonderful, all things considered! What a tough cookie! I haven't checked the blogs in a while and I read all you other posts, and it sounds like it was really hard to hand over your baby. I can only imagine what you've been through. Thoughts and prayers are with you all for a speedy recovery. You guys are so brave and strong! What a wonderful example!