We went through my scrapbook paper and Mya picked out one she liked and then helped me make her very first chore chart. It totally took me back to the days of weekly chore charts when I was a kid.
I've been amazed at how quickly Mya has picked up on the whole thing. Last week she was playing dolls in her room when I hear her yell, "I need a sticker! I need a sticker!" Sure enough, she had cleaned up her dolls and her whole room all by herself, without even being asked.
| "Look! We're making a train! My kids are all making a train!" |
| As we got out of the car, I asked her why she took her hair out. She responded, "So it can blow in the wind, mommy." |
As a reward for filling up her chart, we took her out to get some ice cream. She's already asked for a new chart and is talking about what she's going to get when this one gets full. There are a lot of days where it's a struggle to get her to do her chores and I think how much easier it would be to do it myself, but the good days definitely make up for that. It's so awesome having a little helper in the family!

1 comment:
I definitely need to start this....and read that book!
Post a Comment