Saturday, June 8, 2013

Owen's first haircut

This handsome fellow got his first haircut about a month ago.  With the memory of Mya's first haircut (a.k.a. "the hack job") still fresh on my mind I had been holding off, but thanks to some encouragement from Spencer and Sydney while we were in Chicago, I finally decided it was time.

The goal was to keep the cutting to a minimum, so I tackled only the most offensive parts of his hair:  the mullet and the long patch on one side.

I guess that's the bad thing about having babies with lots of hair.  When it all starts to fall out, it doesn't exactly fall out evenly.

.
Everyone in the family assumed their respective roles:  Dunc as photographer, Mya as boss, Owen as victim, and Liz as implementer.

Mission accomplished!  Overall I'd have to call this haircut a success.  No one even commented on it, which was just what i was hoping for!

Here's to more successful haircuts in this kids future.  Just not anytime soon.

No comments: