Unfortunately, our latest trip to visit the Lewis clan in Grand Junction didn't start out very well. . .
We made it about 3.75 hours into our 4 hour journey before the flat tire pictured above decided to rear its ugly head. At 1 in the morning. Yeah, not too fun.
This is how Dunc felt about it.
Mya wasn't too happy to be woken up either.
I actually thought it was an adventure. But only because we had AAA and didn't really have to figure out how to change a tire on the side of the freeway. Did you notice that nice new non-tinted piece of triangle glass? Yeah, that's because our car was broken into only six days before the tire-incident. I'm convinced we need to sell this car. It has been nothing but bad luck for us lately!
Fortunately the glass and the radio were the only two casualties of the break-in.
A few hours of sleep after we made it to our destination and it was straight to the dentist's office. A HUGE thanks to Kevin for taking care of our pearly whites! I am proud to report that I had ZERO cavities. That might be a first for me. :) Dunc, on the other hand, had two - after six years without seeing the inside of a dentist's office. Let's just say we're really glad to have a dentist brother-in-law.
And then the fun finally started! These two are finally old enough to play together and Mya loved having a little friend. Mikey wasn't so sure about the whole arrangement but he seemed to warm up to it by the end.
Now you can probably see why Mikey was not as excited about having a friend as Mya was. She's always the aggressive one around other kids. Hopefully that will turn into good things when she's older and not just bullying. :)
"The babies" were like little birds while I was trying to eat my cereal. They both came up and started begging for food as soon as I sat down. It was so funny. Love those cuties!
I had to throw this in here because it's so funny. Every time I clean out Mya's ears she holds super super still and makes this face. I don't know why she does it, but it's hilarious.
And we have the Lewis's to thank for Mya learning how to walk. I think it was this little toy that gave her the confidence to start walking on her own.
Thanks Kevin and Jamie for having us! We're excited to come see you again soon and meet your new baby!

1 comment:
Oh my babies, my babies! I can't get enough of seeing them, even if it's only in pictures and videos. Love the ear cleaning picture! You're lucky she sits still for that.
Post a Comment