Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Easter 2013

I'll admit it.

 
 I was a big fat slacker for Easter this year.

I think it was the whole having-a-new-baby-and-not seeing-my-husband-for-two-months thing.

But maybe it had something to do with a dislike of the over-commercialization of a spiritual holiday.  

I'm pretty sure it was the first of the two, because I went all out last year.

Either way, I was not feeling the Easter bunny thing this year.

At all.

So we did nothing.

Except the neighborhood Easter egg hunt.

Which was almost as awesome as the sequence of Mya's faces in the last three photos.

I'm glad somebody planned this activity so I could get by without feeling like I totally let my child down.

Mya had a blast!

And I'm pretty sure she had no idea that she was supposed to get an Easter basket like all the other kids.

Maybe we'll continue the slackerness next year?  Or maybe I'll get that excitement from last year back. 

Either way, we had a great Easter and were grateful for a chance to get a little sugar high and remember our Savior and the greatest gift that He has given to us.

1 comment:

MaryAnne and Rusty said...

ha that's funny!! Good news though, next year Easter is AFTER tax season. It's like April 20 something!! hooray!