Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mya meets Owen and Happy Mothers Day!

Because Owen was born during RSV season, no kids under the age of 14 were allowed at the hospital, including siblings.  I was so sad when I first found out that Mya wouldn't be able to come and see Owen at the hospital, and that is one of the reasons we were eager to go home so soon after Owen was born.  We missed our little Mya and we were so excited for our kids to meet each other!

I'm so grateful that my sister was there to capture these pictures of Mya and Owen meeting each other and the first time having our little family together.  I love that they show how happy we were to have our two kids home with us. 



 Mya was SO sweet with Owen from the beginning!  Her little mothering instinct kicked right in and she was trying to help take care of him from the first time she laid eyes on him.

 I love the way she used to hold his little hand or wrist all the time.









I'm pretty sure that day was the happiest I've ever had.  These little babies are just such a blessing and I am so grateful for the chance to be their mama!  There is nothing greater than building our little family and knowing that we'll all be together forever if we live right.

Being a mother has been the biggest learning experience I've ever had.  It has stretched me to my limits and made me into a better person.  I know that I have a lot of stretching and learning left to do, but even though the ride is sometimes hard, I wouldn't want it any other way. 

I am so grateful for my own mother who continues to sacrifice so much for me and my siblings, and who sets such a great example for me.  I don't know of any greater mother!  I am also so grateful for all the women (mothers and future mothers) in my life.  You help me with all of my mothering struggles and teach me how to be more Christlike everyday.  Happy mothers day to all of you!

Check out this video about motherhood if you need something to get you in a mother's day mood!

No comments: