Sunday, May 26, 2013

Mya and Owen - Part Two

Two kids has definitely been harder than one, but it has also been more fun.  I love being more busy.  I love have the sweet coos and smiles of a baby to distract me from the tantrums and attitude of the terrible twos.  And I love having a fun, bubbly two year old to keep me entertained while the baby sleeps.

But my very favorite part of it all is watching them interact.

I love seeing them squished in the stroller together, and Mya putting her arm around Owen when we go for walks.

I love the way Owen adores his big sister, and the way she wants to do anything he is doing.  She's always doing tummy time with him, trying to squeeze onto the play mat right next to him, and searching the house for "her binky" whenever he is sucking on his.

I love to hear her talk to him and take care of him.  The other day she heard him crying in his crib and she ran into his room, scaled the crib slats, climbed over him, dug around until she found his binky and popped it in his mouth for him.  

Today while I was getting ready I heard her talking in her high little voice.  I thought she was playing with her dolls, but when I went to check on her she was reading books to Owen while he was playing with his toys.  

Owen has some eczema so I took him to the doctor this morning to get it checked out.  On the way to the doctor's Owen started fussing and Mya told him in her sweet mommy voice, "It's okay Owen, it's just a rash.  You'll be okay buddy.  Don't cry buddy."

They are just the cutest little pair and I feel so blessed every single day for the chance I have to be their mommy.

No comments: