Friday, August 1, 2014

March Madness

I am so behind on blogging!  To be honest, my whole life has been in whirlwind mode since the beginning of May.  I was the ward girls camp director (thankfully it was a stake camp year) and am amazed at how much work goes into planning camp.  In between that, a trip to Disneyland, a trip to Lake Tahoe, a trip to San Jose/San Francisco, a 3 day long arm quilting training, and a job change for Duncan our life has been pretty insane!  All I want is for life to settle down and be normal again!  I can't wait for a good routine, regular sleep schedules, and a week without a single commitment (we'll see if that last one every happens).  We have had so much fun that I'm afraid I'm going to forget it all so it's time to get serious about this blogging thing.  Here is my attempt to catch up and stay caught up.  By the way, did I mention we are only 3 1/2 months from baby being here??  This pregnancy is flying by!  

Now without further ado:  a throw back to a calmer time in our life, a recap of what we were up to in March.

Owen learned to walk!  He took his precious time and waited to walk at 14 months, but pretty much dominated as soon as he decided he was ready.  I just love watching my kids learn to walk!  It is so fun and exciting to see them start the transition from baby to toddler.

Girls day at the zoo with Lyla, Allison, and my mom.

Lunch with daddy at City Creek.  We didn't see much of Duncan in March since it was right in the middle of busy season.  Our life pretty much slows to a stop as we enter survival mode to get through Dunc's tax season.  It's even more fun to look back at these pictures now that Duncan has a new job because I know we won't have to do another busy season this winter!  So so grateful for that.

Mya the builder.

Helping to assemble the furniture for Mimi's new sewing room.

All worn out.

Jason and Sarah were super nice and invited us down for dinner at the Creamery and a night at the men's volleyball game.  Sometimes I really miss living in Provo and being a part of the whole BYU scene.  I wish I would have gotten a picture with all of us together.  Mya loved Cosmo and kept calling him "the bear".

  As you can see, Owen was also a big Cosmo fan.  Future cougars right there!

Trying to teach Mya a few funny faces for all the selfies she takes on my phone.

Owen learning to use a spoon.

Why is it so hard for me to let go of the spoon?

I kind of hate cleaning up a tornado after every meal,

but that sweet smile makes it totally worth it!  If only he were so happy after every meal it might make the cleanup easier.  :)

Got a new stroller in preparation for Disneyland and baby #3.  This stroller is amazing!  I love it and am trying to find excuses to use it all the time.

My poor mom had to get surgery.

Can't believe Mimi was brave enough to let Mya get in the bed with her right after surgery.  These two sure love each other!

And these kids definitely love their daddy!

I tried to tell myself he was only the favorite parent because he was gone at work so much, but unfortunately tax season is long gone and he has held fast to the favorite parent status.  Good thing we've got the new baby coming so I can feel like somebody's favorite again (at least for a little while).

No comments: