Sunday, September 14, 2014

Gender Reveal!

Did I mention that I was the ward camp director this year?  Thankfully it was a stake camp so I wasn't in charge of the whole thing.  The parts that I was in charge of were overwhelming enough!  I was so stressed getting everything ready for camp, so I decided to put even more on top of that by planning a little gender reveal party for our baby.  Makes sense, right?  We found out what we were having on Thursday, July 3 and I headed out for camp Monday, July 7.  Probably not the best time for me to be planning a party but I wanted to do something just because I wanted to, not because I had to!

We had the ultrasound tech write the gender on a piece of paper and then seal it in an envelope.  I took that envelope to the store with this box and asked the clerk to put in blue balloons if it was a boy and pink balloons if it was a girl.  She looked at me a little weird, so I was scared she wasn't going to do it, but when I came back she had it all taped up with ribbons and balloons on top.  I was grateful she got in on the excitement instead of going with the initial glare she gave me!

All of the crowd with their sugar cookie guesses.  I think we were split pretty evenly on boys/girls.  Mya really did have a cute outfit on, but right before the party she changed into this all blue outfit. She must have really been feeling that boy guess.

And baby number three is a . . . BOY!!  Dunc was so excited!  He thought he had accidentally seen inside and he thought it was pink, so he was totally surprised by the blue balloons.  I love his reaction!  I had been feeling like it was a boy for a while and that day I felt almost positive that it was a boy.  I think I would have been shocked had it been pink, but I was pretty much expecting blue so not much surprise from me.

My kids were not cooperating to get a picture, but I think this one is fairly telling of Mya's feelings about another baby brother.  She had said she wanted a brother for Owen to play with, but she was a little sad that it is a boy.

Just yesterday she told me, "I want to change our baby to a girl.  Is how you change the boy to a girl is like this:  you say, "Translation.  Make the blue balloons pink balloons.  Pink is a girl!"  Ha ha ha.  I sure love that cutie pie and hope she gets a sister some day, but I am excited to have two little boys together!  It will be awesome for Owen to have a little brother and Mya will be a great big sister no matter what.

No comments: