So two days after getting home from camp, we packed up the car and headed out to Northern California! Did I mention that this summer was crazy? It was seriously so busy. Duncan had a training in San Jose for work and since his company was paying for a hotel/gas money, we decided to turn it into a little getaway and visit to Grandma and Grandpa Glenn. Shawn and Greg were so nice to watch our kids Sunday night through Wednesday so I could go to San Jose with Duncan. While he went to his training during the day I went swimming, shopping, read, napped, and hung out. It was an awesome refresher after camp but also hard to leave my littles again so soon after being gone the whole week before. They didn't seem to mind though and were spoiled like crazy by grandma and grandpa.
Mya asks me all the time if we can go back to grandma's and "why does grandma have to live so far away?" and "why did we have to come home from grandma's house?"
I'm glad we decided to make that trip even though it was so close to camp. Mya hadn't been to Grandma and Grandpa's for over a year and a half and Owen had never been there. It was definitely a good thing for them to be able to get to know their grandparents better and get to hang out at their house.
I feel like I should mention that this trip came at a very high price - Mya hasn't slept through the night one single night since we came home! That was a over a month and a half ago, so if you have any suggestions on getting your kid to stay asleep and in their bed for the whole night we are definitely accepting advice!!! I think all the craziness of this summer plus me leaving her overnight too many times was too much for her to handle. I'm really really really hoping she will settle back into a normal sleep routine before this baby comes.
After our San Jose trip was over, Duncan and I headed back to his parent's house in American Canyon for some good hang out time with his parents and the kids. We all went to the Bay Area Children's Museum while we were there. The kids loved it and they wore us adults right out. It was a bit of a drive from Duncan's parents house but the views on the way there were amazing. And the view of the bridge from the parking area was beautiful!
Overall it was another fun filled trip. We loved spending some one on one time with Shawn and Greg in their home environment and wish they lived closer so we could go to visit more regularly!

1 comment:
Sweet. Now, that's brilliant, ya think? I haven't read anyone's blog for over three years! I have a lot of catching up to do. Your photos and trip details are wonderful!
Post a Comment