Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Catching Up - May

May was a pretty quiet month, with most of our time spent 

hanging out with friends,

watching construction of the new subdivision behind our house,

eating popsicles,

and working in the garden. 

Okay, we didn't really grow those carrots, but we did pull out about a million of them that the former owners had left in their garden all winter.  Maybe we'll plant some next year because apparently they grow pretty well around here.

We also spent some time at rec league basketball games where Dunc and Jason made the leading 3 pointers list and Dunc got his name on the leading scorers list.  I was pretty dang proud of them!  Our team didn't do very well, but if we're being honest, I didn't actually see much of the games because I was too busy chatting with all the ladies.  Hopefully the boys will get into another league soon so we can get caught up on all our girly conversations!

During the month of May we also got a quick visit from Jamie and kids and spent our few hours together at Baby Animals Days in Kaysville.






 Mya even got to ride a pony!

Unfortunately, she pretty much hated it.  As soon as she got on she said, "All done, all done," and proceeded to repeat that and try to grab onto me the whole time we went about the circle.  You win some, you lose some. 

At least Mikey had a good time on the pony!

 The train ride was a very similar experience to the pony ride.  I somehow got roped into riding with her and then she proceeded to whine and say "all done" for the entire ride.

But Mikey rode that train like a champ and loved every second of it!

And to finish up this post (last, but definitely not least), we got some great news in May!
We were so excited to find out that our family of 3 is growing to a family of 4!  And oh boy am I growing...  We can't wait for this baby to get here sometime in January!

2 comments:

Jana Brookes said...

Congrats on the pregnancy Liz! You are so far along, I can't believe it's coming so soon! Fun that you are having a little boy!

Shawn said...

I'm so glad you are catching up and that I finally remembered to catch up looking at blogs. Can't wait to see our little Mya again soon and to see our little man inside your tummy.