Monday, October 20, 2014

Davis County Fair 2014

In the middle of August we made the long trek (or five minute drive) over to the free Davis County Fair.  It's kind of awesome all of the activities they have for free!  We met up with my parents, Allison, and Lyla while we were there.

Owen was pretty much terrified of all the animals in the petting zoo at first.  And if we're being honest I have to admit that I was a little nervous around them too.  And they're all smaller than me.  Can't say the same for Owen!

 
He warmed up after about 20 minutes (even though he was scared, neither of the kids wanted to leave) and started trying to grab the goats horns.  I'm pretty sure the goats were his favorite.  Until Mimi showed up and bought some carrots to feed the animals that is .  They were so aggressive trying to get the carrots after that!  And Owen went right back to square one of wanting to be held the whole time.


Mya on the other hand was a natural with all the animals.  She loved them and they loved her!


She's kind of a smarty pants too.  When she saw other people feeding the animals the carrots she grabbed some of the hay from their feed box and used that to feed them.

Some of the animals went for it, others not so much.

But when Mimi brought those carrots around, Mya knew just how to use them.  She stayed away from those crazy goats and went right to the sheep.

Isn't she cute with that little calf?

\
Free pony rides!

I took my kids on the ponies twice - once while waiting for everybody to get there and again after they showed up.  Owen LOVED it the first time and didn't want to get off.  But by the second time, he wanted nothing to do with it and cried the whole time.

Lyla looking as cute as ever.

I was so grateful to have my Dad there to take the kids on rides!  My pregnant body definitely did not feel like going on any of those random rides, so I sat in the stroller in the shade and ate the kids snacks while they did rides with my dad.  Ha ha.  My mom took a picture to document my pathetic ways, but somehow it got deleted so I'll just leave that lovely image to your imagination.  

We are very spoiled to live so close to family and love getting together with them for fun little activities like this!

No comments: