Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Everything Else September

The rest of September was filled with more fun and random activities.

We "helped" Mimi with a little retail therapy - she's trying to pick up the habit.  Funny because I thought it came naturally to almost everyone but apparently she has to work at it.  Owen was/is obsessed with his new shoes and refused to take them off at the store (even for the clerk to ring them up).

This is what led to Mya learning how to tie her shoes.  I really did try to get a picture of all 3 of the kids with their new shoes, but that didn't work out.  Just picture Lyla in cute matching pink converse like Mya's.

Took a walk on the trail with Mimi one day and then went to the VIP for lunch.  The kids love going for walks and Owen had a blast feeding apples to the horses.

We sold our civic and I still miss it a little bit.  I drove this car for ten years!  We had a bit of a love/hate relationship but in the end the love won out.  This was the car that forced me to learn to drive a stick, took me to my first job, drove us on our honeymoon, and carried my babies home from the hospital.  And that's not to mention all the other fun times with friends and family that we had in this car.  I miss the reminder of all the good times but am excited to make lots of good memories in our new minivan!  Yes, I'm a minivan mom now.  Weird.

We went to the BYU/Virginia game with my parents.  I love BYU football games and am glad we got to go to one before Taysom was injured!  This picture was to show how swollen my feet were by the end of the game.  It may not look like much, but it was not comfortable.  If only my feet had been long enough to touch the ground from my chair... #shortpeopleproblems

We met up with a couple of my Ecuador friends and their kids at the zoo.

We only get together once a year or so but it's fun to see how much our kids have grown up since we've started getting together!

My mom hosted the first Farmington Art & Quilt show at Woodland Park.  Her and her friends put so much work into the show and it turned out perfectly!

I made a couple blocks for this "opportunity quilt" that they used to raise money for scholarships for single moms. It was a fun way to help out a tiny bit with the show.

I also used my mom's long arm to put together this baby quilt from a kit that she had.  I was worried that it wouldn't sell but I was wrong!


Duncan was a champ and watched the kids all day while I helped out at the show.  He then showed up at the end to come and help clean everything up.  It was awesome to see how well everything came together and how many people were willing to help out and donate to single moms.  I'm excited to see what my mom and her friends come up with for next year!

No comments: