Thursday, October 23, 2014

Ogden Temple Open House

I was so excited for the Ogden temple open house that I went on the reservations website the first day it opened to find a good time.  Unfortunately, all the night and weekend spots were already taken!  I really wanted Dunc to be able to come with us, so we settled for a 10:00 time on Labor Day.

Little did I know that the term "reservation" and the time slot didn't actually mean much.  When we got to the temple there was over an hour wait to get in!

I was worried that my kids wouldn't make it the full hour plus the open house without having any meltdowns, but they did great.

They balanced on curbs, 

played follow the leader,

and went on little walks to keep themselves occupied.

The wait time actually went pretty quickly and was well worth the opportunity to take my kids inside of a temple.  



Mya loves temples and asks me all the time how old she has to be before she can come with me.  It was fun to be able to show her what it is like inside and tell her more about what happens in the temple.  The Ogden temple was beautiful inside and out and I was so glad we had the chance to go!

While we were there Mya candidly snapped this lovely belly shot of me at 28 weeks.  This will probably be my one and only baby bump shot of the pregnancy so I hope you enjoy it.  :)



We stopped for ice cream at Farr's on the way home (I'm still thinking about that brownies over the moon) and then this little guy fell asleep as soon as we put him in the car.  Wouldn't be a family outing if Owen stayed awake for the whole drive home!

1 comment:

Julie Barfuss said...

I love reading about all you do with your family. Thanks for keeping up the family history.