Ahhh Lake Powell. My favorite place on earth!! I was so happy to go to Lake Powell this year! With Duncan taking his new job, we weren't sure if we were going to be able to make it happen, but luckily his boss was on board and told Dunc to go for the whole week. I was so happy! We had a crazy summer but it would pretty much take something terrible happening to keep me away from Lake Powell (As my mom will attest - she has tried to keep me away on more than one occasion. Apparently she thinks houseboats, kids, and pregnant ladies don't mix. I don't get it.).
We usually go on my cousins houseboat, but that didn't work out this year so my parents rented a boat out of Antelope Point. My kids LOVED the little "splash pad" at the top of the dock area. Somehow they snuck into the water within five minutes of arriving and soaked all the clothes they were wearing. Luckily we were able to pull out some swimsuits and remedy the situation.
I call this video the Mya show. All the foreign tourists loved it and were getting such a crack out of her little song and running routine.
Surprisingly my kids slept better at Lake Powell than they had been sleeping at home!
Laura's friend who works at Antelope Pointe told us about this bowl of water where you can go cliff jumping. You have to use a rope and some man power to get back out, but of course the boys wanted to give it a shot.
There was a bit of learning curve with getting out and everybody had the bloody knuckles and bruises to prove it. Proud to say Dunc found the perfect technique which made getting out only slightly ridiculous.
More cliff jumping.
This was a first for me at Powell, but we found two mice on our boat one night! Luckily we had this tough crew to take care of them. A few plastic cups and a BB gun were all they needed to take care of the problem.
We went to see Rainbow Bridge one afternoon while we were there. It was beautiful! I just love the scenery at Lake Powell. It is unreal.
So grateful for this family of mine. I love spending time with them on the Lake. It is the perfect mix of fun and relaxation and I'm already crossing my fingers that things will work out for us to go again next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment